Sunday, May 13, 2012

Before I was myself you made me, me by J. Marques



Before I was myself you made me, me
With love and patience, discipline and tears,
Then bit by bit stepped back to set me free,
^
Allowing me to sail upon my sea,
Though well within the headlands of your fears.
Before I was myself you made me, me
^
With dreams enough of what I was to be
And hopes that would be sculpted by the years,
Then bit by bit stepped back to set me free,
^
Relinquishing your powers gradually
To let me shape myself among my peers.
Before I was myself you made me, me,
^
And being good and wise, you gracefully
As dancers when the last sweet cadence nears
Bit by bit stepped back to set me free.
^
For love inspires learning naturally:
The mind assents to what the heart reveres.
And so it was through love you made me, me
By slowly stepping back to set me free.

2 comments:

  1. hope all is well.

    Thanks for the inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. handsome poetry.

    what a graceful tribe for mom.

    ReplyDelete